Monday, March 2, 2009

A trip to KoadiKaanal!

We planned to attend a friend's marriage in Erode and after that, go to Kodia kannnal. It's been a long time as I had toured kodai kaanal while I was a school student, so I was excited to go see kodai kaanal again. I knew that this was off session in kodai and one cannot expect greenery all across Kodai. So I tried to reduce my expectation a little bit. We did not plan our travel properly so we ended up with facing little difficulties to reach Kodai. Since we started our trip from Erode, we decided to go to Palani and then Kodi (We did not know that we could go via Dhindugal). We took a bus for planai and got the information that it takes around 3 ½ hrs to reach Palani. In that bus, the driver and conductor made us to watch an old Sharth Kumar movie. We manged to watch that movie after making lot of comments about it .
We crossed lot of villages and did see a lot of cultivation happening through that way. I thought to myself, that the business in the metro city was nothing in comparison with cultivation. We reached palani around 6.30 Pm, and then tried to catch a bus to Kodai; unfortunately we could not get a bus to Kodai as the last bus had left at 6.00 pm. So we decided to go by car and it cost us around Rs 900. We reached kodai around 9.30 pm.We were 4 people and we stayed in hotel for Rs 1300 and I thought this could have been cheaper because it was off session. The Next day morning, we started out in a mini van along with a few young couples and a few old couples as well. I did not see any greenery as it was the off session. I thought my prediction was correct. I could see lot of points and a village in kodai which is little far away from kodai

That village is located below a mountain, and from the mountain we could see that village clearly and along with
cultivation lands as well. I found around 100 – 150 small houses and thought to myself that these people don't know the city world and they must be having peaceful life compared to our city life!


Then we moved to Guan point – Kamal Hasan’s movie was shot at this place. I personally like Guna movie so I eagerly went there to see that. First thought to me was how Kamal and other technicians would have gone to those rocks and took the movie shots because I realized, the place is very difficult to enter and quite risky as well. Am not aware on the success of the movie Guna, but I thought Guna rocks (point) has got popularity because this movie was taken there.
We did see “Suicide point”, which is also popular. I feared to look down from that point! Then we did see few other places which were not so impressive. We struggled to get a bus back to Palani again. We then planned to go via Vathala koondu to erode but again we could not get a bus from Vathala koondu to erode, so we went to Dhindugal and then took a bus to Erode and reached there around 1.15am, the next day. It was not a very impressive trip, but I thought I utilized the chance because we don't get to visit kodai often.

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    Thanks and RI really love to read this post and I am glad to find your distinguished way of writing the post.egards
    Police Clearance Certificates In Chennai

    ReplyDelete