Thursday, August 13, 2009

Ego Illyaraja?

It's happened to see a song in Tamil channels when I was rotating the TV channels one day. Music directory Illayaraja was appearing in the on screen and singing a song in a Tamil movie called "Azhkar Malai". I was just surprise to see Illayaraja in on-screen. But my surprise turned out as frustration! Yeah, that particular song starts like this…


uzhagam ippo enga poguthuennaku intha annai boomi pothumingu pirantharavum engai pogirarennaku intha sontha naadu pothumintha mannai vittu naan engai selvain
…………………………………………………………..


Means... World goes some where! , but my mother land is enough for me! . For me my country is enough! Where else I could go from my born place!
This song intended to mean A.R Rahman . Raja composed this song after A.R.R just got Oscar and few global awards. It shows that Raja is having ego with A.R.R. I don't know the exact reason. But from this song he composed, clearly says that he criticize A.R.R. Is it because of Raja's popularity had come down since A.R.R started to compose? Rahman never replied on remarks made against him. He is down to earth and humble and good human being!
Now a day, Raja is composing for all 'B' grade movies since he doest not have much movies as he used to get before! Is that frustration made Raja to comment on Rahman?
As long as Raja comment on A.R.R, Rahman will go further height! I consider Raja is still doing Bachelor degree in music! Rahman doing his Ph. D in music! I also fan of Raja but when he does it like this, it's frustrating!
People will love Raja for his music but world never admires Raja personally. Same time, people will admire Rahman for his music and clean personal life! Jai Ho, Thala A.R.R!

Die heart fan of A.R.Rahman!
Thambi

2 comments:

  1. thambi.. its music director not music directory :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good observation Thambi.. But I dont think that Raja has got any ego feelings with ARR

    ReplyDelete